AttorneyTom
AttorneyTom, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney
18048122

If I get a ticket for a suspended license, but the officer

If I get a ticket for a suspended license, but the officer checks the box for a DUI, how do I know which offense was actually entered into the court system? I have a court date and I'm not sure which charge is going to be brought against me.
Thank you for the opportunity to answer your question. I am sending this answer to you only a few minutes after you submitted your question.
The ticket itself should indicate the specific charges. That said, you can find out exactly what the prosecutor is charging you with by contacting the Clerk of Court's Office and inquiring. The Clerk's Office can tell you specifically what you're charged with, as the Clerk's Office keeps all such records.
If the ticket specifies a statute or violation, I can look up that statute and provided it to you if you can tell me which state the matter is in.
Thank you.