JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Experience:  Handling criminal and probation matters for over 14 years.
14211116

I have a ticket that states," Failure to yailed after stopping

I have a ticket that states," Failure to yailed after stopping causing bodly injury" that has been sent to the state district attorney. How long do I wait to hear from them and should I worry? I have nothing on my record for over 14years. Just a bad accident.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thank you for using JustAnswer!

Please clarify: what do you mean by the ticket being sent to the state attorney? Tickets are usually filed with the court. Have you contacted the court?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes,I called our local office in Cape Girardeau, Mo. and the office said because of the bodly injury their office will not deal with it. I am a mother of three, a teacher a the public schools and I am an emotional wreak. It was a motorcycle that was blocked by an SUV.
Thank you. So, to be clear, it was a motorcyclist that was struck?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes

Thank you. Then 99.99% of the reason for the delay is that they're assessing the severity of the injuries and prognosis of the motorcyclist. His/her progress will influence the direction of the charges and how the case is handled.

This is something that can take time and you can't read anything into it.

It has been my pleasure to assist you today with your information needs. It is my goal that you are satisfied. No expert can promise you an answer that is favorable to your circumstances. But I will do my very best to explain the legal principles that are related to the facts you’ve described so that you can better understand the “why” of things.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can provide to give you excellent service!"
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Experience: Handling criminal and probation matters for over 14 years.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is there a statue of limitations and what do I do with the ticket I have?
It depends upon what the severity of the offense ultimately may be. Any statute of limitations, however, would be years (not weeks or months).
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. On another note I don't know if my nervse can handle it very long. I have cried the most I have cried and I have been married 21years. Once again thanks. Have a good weekend.
I understand. You may want to consult with a local counselor. It is a traumatic experience for all.

Best wishes for better days ahead.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I had my three children with me and on the way to softball practice and a baseball game after that. Emotionally it might have been easier if it was a car, but motorcycles there is no safety for the riders.
I understand completely.

I hate traveling through states which have made it legal for them to ride without helmets. Makes me so mad.

But, in this case, I do not know what your personal life is like but some do find it helpful to pray for the person's recovery.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

That day I prayed and have not stopped. I prayed for the man and I know he was out of the hospital in two days. He has a lawyer that has contacted my insurance company, but I know how that goes with the insurance company. I have now started praying for me. I have always prayed for a healthy family, but I forget to pray form my self. I am praying now. My oldest daughter has wanted to be a pastor for 10years. She went on her first mission trip in WV with foster children. She wants to be a pediatrician and work through the lord that way. She was given to me to make me a stronger christian. So, to your answer I pray. By the way my last child is a boy and god gave me him last to test my faith. haha

I'll let you go and thank you. If you pray I'll take one. Thanks Sarina

You are most welcome. You have it. Best wishes.