CrimLaw-US-Tx-Ca
CrimLaw-US-Tx-Ca, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed since 1985 representing those accused of crime.

I caught second time in the same store for shoplifting what

I caught second time in the same store for shoplifting what go happen
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Thoreau (T-USA) replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the opportunity to answer your question. I am sending this answer to you only a few minutes after you submitted your question.
What was the value of the items you allegedly stole?
Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Around 92.00dollar
Thank you for your message. Due to the 15 day delay in your response, I am away from my computer and I am unable to access my computer at this time. It's not possible to adequately research your question using my phone. I am opening up your question so others may review it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can lawyer help me not getting the jail or community servise
Expert:  CrimLaw-US-Tx-Ca replied 2 years ago.
You certainly need a lawyer for this. IF you can not afford one, the court can appoint one for you.

Be sure to be in court on time and to tell the judge that you want a lawyer.

If you were on probation for the prior theft from the same store, you are going to face a violation of probation AND the new case. Be sure your lawyer knows all that.

It is possible to avoid jail, but you will probably not be able to go back into that store.

Does this answer your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Did it possible I do not get community service ice my lawyer can ask in court

I am happy to respond to your question. I would ask that, since you are a "Night Owl" and like to work in what is for me sleeping time, that you wait a little before you rate me as non-responsive. I'm a human and have to sleep, so I hope that's OK with you.

Now for your new question: As we say in life, anything is possible. I am thinking that it would be normal for you not to go to jail but to have community service, depending on the court. Many courts are so full and the jails are so full they don't want to put people in them except for more serious crimes.

So, that is why I think you might just get the community service.

It is really important that you speak with a lawyer, that you have a lawyer represent you in court. That way you can get the best possible result.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know and give me a chance to answer before you rate me negatively.

Thanks very much.

CrimLaw-US-Tx-Ca, Lawyer
Experience: Licensed since 1985 representing those accused of crime.
Please let me know if you have any other questions. I hope that you would change my rating to 100% positive, as I have so far been rated by all others on this service. Would you let me know what I need to do to earn that? I would appreciate that.

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

CrimLaw-US-Tx-Ca, Lawyer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If I hired the lawyer and I go to court it possible the jugement is the same day or they give me other date
Yes it is possible to deal with a case on the first day. Sometimes a lawyer or the court will want to set it off again, but it is very possible to do it all at once. If there is video or other evidence, your lawyer may very well want to look at all that and review it to decide what to do. That may be a very smart approach

On the other hand, sometimes it is possible to quickly assess a case and take care of it right then and there.

Thanks very much for your question. Good luck.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My lawyer went to the court he want to go without me this time but now he saying that dn want 5 days to give me a jail or labor work I do not want to go jail or no want to do work labor because in did not tell nothing to my husband give me any advise
I am sorry to give you information you may not like. I am glad the lawyer could go to court for you. Five days seems like a good sentence on the case, and perhaps you could tell your husband you are doing some volunteer work, because that is what the labor work is.

You have two options. You can plead guilty and do the 5 days, or you can have a trial. This may be a hard decision.

I hope this answer helps.

Thanks and have a wonderful day.
CrimLaw-US-Tx-Ca, Lawyer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can it possible if I do not want to go jail or no want the labor work can I just give the fine
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can it possible if I do not want to go jail or no want the labor work can I just give the fine if my lawyer can ask the court
Thank you for your patience and your question. As we have discussed, i have to sleep sometimes, and sometimes have to be away from the computer and can't answer right away. I appreciate your "Great Service!" rating on this question. We've been at it for some days now. :) Yes you can certainly ask your lawyer for a fine only. It may not be possible. The problem is that I can't tell you just what you want to hear but what is the truth about your situation. I am really sorry if my responses are not pleasing in their content. It is very important that we tell you the truth. Your lawyer, in the case that you have, is the most important ally you have, and has no doubt seen the police reports, and knows what this particular judge will do. I hope this answer helps you understand what is going on, and I hope that you keep communicating until you have the answers you need. Good luck. Let me know. Thanks.
I recommend you keep talking to your lawyer that has the case until you get the legal advice you need from him or her. She or he has the exact information about your exact case.
Here, we can only tell you more general information.
It is important to have a lawyer there with you so that they can work out the details that we don't have here.
The law generally is this:

Petty Theft With a Prior Under Penal Code 666

Just as there is an upside to being charged with a first-offense shoplifting offense, there is a downside to being convicted of petty theft if you have suffered a prior theft-related conviction for which you were incarcerated.

If that is the case, under California Penal Code 666 "Petty Theft with a Prior", you may face:

• A maximum one-year county jail sentence (if the charge was filed as a misdemeanor), or
This is if your first case was a misdemeanor.
If your lawyer can convince the judge and DA that this case should be treated as a first offense, then you are looking at this law:

California Penal Code 484 & Penal Code 488 typically include a maximum of three years of informal probation, up to six months in a county jail, and/or a maximum $1,000 fine.

But, if this is your first California petty theft charge (and you have no other theft or "theft-related" convictions), and the value of the money, property, services, etc. that you allegedly stole was $50 or less, your California petty theft attorney may be able to convince the prosecutor to reduce your charge to an infraction. If your case is reduced, you face a maximum $250 fine.

If it is your first theft or "theft-related" offense, but the item(s) exceeded $50, you may be able to participate in a diversion program. Informal diversion is a type of "deal" that your California shoplifting defense attorney may be able to make with the prosecution.

In exchange for a dismissed charge, you may be required to do any or all of the following:

• Repay the value of the merchandise which you allegedly stole;

• Complete an agreed to number of community service hours; and/or

• Attend anti-theft classes.
Let me know if this helps.
CrimLaw-US-Tx-Ca, Lawyer