RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

Can a stun gun be concealed? If someone is on my property can

Can a stun gun be concealed? If someone is on my property can I point it at them as a deterent?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question. I appreciate your patience while I researched and typed out your answer.

It's not unlawful for you to carry on you as long as you don't use it for an unlawful purpose. This applies to everywhere except Philadelphia, which prohibits residents from owning a stun gun.

While the law doesn't specifically address pointing it at someone I would say unless you are defending yourself, I would not take it out or attempt to use it because that could potentially be seen as an assault and get you in trouble.

Even then, as I mentioned in my previous answer, defense of yourself or others has to be reasonable, there has to be a genuine threat, and you can only use enough force to incapacitate them (e.g., once they're stunned, you can't keep shocking them).

If you need clarification or further information, you can always REPLY to my question before rating my service today.