Barrister, Criminal Defense Law
Experience:  16 years practicing criminal defense.
19958803

In ky what is the statue of limitations for a convicted felon

In ky what is the statue of limitations for a convicted felon to own a gun again?

If a person was convicted after 1975 they are prohibited from possessing a handgun unless pardoned. A person convicted after 1994 is prohibited from possessing any firearm, unless the person has received a pardon from the Governor or the President of the United States. Ky. Rev. Stat. Ann. § 527.040(1).
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

Please keep in mind that I am trying to help you understand and resolve your situation. I don't make the laws, I am just reporting or interpreting them, so the outcome may not be what you had hoped for.

.
Please be patient as I am typically working with several customers at any given time. Some answers take 5 minutes, some 35 minutes, depending on the level of complexity. But rest assured, I will get back with you as soon as I am able.

.

If you need additional clarification on this question, just click "Reply" and I will be happy to help you. Please give me as much detail as you can so that I can respond after receiving all the relevant details.

.

Please be aware that I am not entering into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. With that in mind, please do not post any specific information you do not want available for public viewing. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

if a person was convicted after 1975, say 1984. When can thay own a shotgun again?

Unfortunately, federal law pre-empts state law here and federal law prevents a person with a felony conviction from owning or possession any firearm unless they have gotten a pardon.
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

.

.

.