Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years experience practicing attorney

Best way to defend in contested hearing against false accusations

Best way to defend in contested hearing against false accusations and charges for a order of protection?
DearCustomer- The best way to defend any case is with legal counsel. Assuming that is not possible then you must be able to cross examine the witnesses in an effective manner to poke as many holes in their testimony as possible. You can get on a witness stand all day long and deny the charges but it simply becomes and "he said she said" case and judges typically side with the accuser if there is any hint of credibility since they don't want to take chances of any future violence. I can't teach anyone how to effectively cross examine a witness as it takes years of experience to do it right and it always depends on what is said by the witness as to what needs to be asked on cross. Since I have no idea what the facts are in your case I can't begin to give you any specific suggestions.