AttorneyTom
AttorneyTom, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney
18048122

What can be done to stop someone from harrassing you at work

Customer Question

What can be done to stop someone from harrassing you at work by calling all the time and sending e-mails to the job place? They have threaten to post me as FB post nude pics and send to emplyees in company. I have plenty text and phone messages on what they are going to do if I don't do what they want.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  AttorneyTom replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the opportunity to answer your question. I am sending this answer to you only a few minutes after you submitted your question.
From what you wrote, I'm assuming that the individual is an ex-significant other. When a relationship ends and one party harasses the other, the victim of harassment or stalking can seek a protective order. Such an order prohibits contact from the harasser. Further, such conduct can constitute a crime and may be reported to law enforcement, as the state may wish to pursue criminal charges.
If the individual is threatening to release embarrassing information, you may wish to retain an attorney to contact the individual and explain the consequences of those actions, as sharing nude photos without someone's consent can provide a basis for an invasion of privacy lawsuit. Further, if an individual is making false statements of fact about another, that can potentially provide a basis for a defamation lawsuit if damages result.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

How would I get the text messages in a printed format ? (just to collect evidence)

You could ask the cell company to provide them, but cell companies will not generally do so without a court order (which can be sought during any legal action pertaining to the matter). Alternatively, the state will obtain the records during the process of a criminal investigation, should you report the matter to law enforcement.