AlexiaEsq.
AlexiaEsq., Managing Attorney
Experience:  19+ Years of Legal Practice in Criminal Law.
10805288

What happens if you call a hooker got her number from escorts

Customer Question

What happens if you call a hooker got her number from escorts creiglist and visit her in her hotel room and she asked you in the phone to pay her certain amount and you said ok and then visit her in her room but didn;t have any sex with her or [ay her any money and just left her place and then you called the police to ask them to come that you been stolen from her guys in the hotel which later they are her pimps and when the officer asked you first about why you called them you lied the reason why you were in the hotel then what could happen in the court date, please let me know and thank you so much
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  AlexiaEsq. replied 2 years ago.
*Due to rules of your state bar or mine, nothing herein is intended as legal advice, only intended as general information to better help yourself.

Hi, can you clarify: Are you a defendant in the court case? Or just a witness or victim to the crimes of other defendants?

------
Please note that I have not yet answered your question. That is because this is one of those times where additional information is necessary or prudent. I have requested this additional information from you in order that a most thorough and accurate answer may be provided and I look forward to your response. In the meantime, I will be researching any related issues as necessary for that thorough answer, to ensure that there are no recent legal changes that could effect my answer, as well as drafting portions of the answer for you. Thus, if you don't see my response right away, after you provide your reply, please don't be concerned. Once I respond, you should be getting an email notification (or other) so you can come back and receive that answer. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX look forward to assisting you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am a victim because her guys(pimps) outside the hotel who I was not knowing about them assaulted me and stole my wallet and everything in my pockets and that's why I called the police and I wasn't knowing that they are her pimps, again I visited the girl just to see her and wasn't meaning or want to have any kind of sex with her but how could I prove that?
Hi, and thank you!

I am a victim because her guys(pimps) outside the hotel who I was not knowing about them assaulted me and stole my wallet and everything in my pockets and that's why I called the police and I wasn't knowing that they are her pimps, again I visited the girl just to see her and wasn't meaning or want to have any kind of sex with her but how could I prove that? Yes, the circumstances may look a bit suspicious.
...

What happens if you call a hooker got her number from escorts creiglist and visit her in her hotel room and she asked you in the phone to pay her certain amount and you said ok and then visit her in her room but didn;t have any sex with her or [ay her any money and just left her place and then you called the police to ask them to come that you been stolen from her guys in the hotel which later they are her pimps and when the officer asked you first about why you called them you lied the reason why you were in the hotel then what could happen in the court date, please let me know and thank you so much -- It sounds like what you are saying is that you did not confess to soliciting a prostitute - however, whatever explanation you did give, I can not speculate as to how credible it is. That being said, you have not been charged, it sounds like. It is true that they can charge you at a later date, should you decide to tell anyone or the authorities the truth as to why you were there, so there is always that risk. It is that reason why we have the 5th amendment that allows us to NOT testify in a manner that may incriminate us. Of course, invoking our 5th amendment right somewhat lets the cat out of the bag in that we are saying we are guilty of something possibly and so we don't want to talk.

On a more positive note, I suspect that the authorities don't so much care about you and your posslble low end criminal behavior of solicitation, because they are rightfully more interested in catching and prosecuting violent criminals and those that pimp women - ie. the thugs that attacked you and stole from you. It is still, however, a risk that you took when you decided you wanted to report the crime.

Ideally, you'd have your own lawyer, who could protect you if they start asking questions on the stand that could confuse you into confessing to a crime yourself. He would also be able to review your prior statement where you lied about what you were doing, and see if it seems an obvious lie, or if you continue to tell him it is the truth, if he still recommends testifying to it. (Technically, an attorney is not supposed to present his client as a witness if he is asking his client to lie on the stand - big no no - so if your lawyer knows you lied, he may want to keep you off the stand, one way or another, via the 5th or some other manner.)

My concern for you is that if you take the stand, you will choose to lie, commit perjury, and that can be a felony, compounding your problem. It is also possible that the chances of someone learning of the lie are slim, or even caring - if their goal is the get the thugs, and not you. Being an officer of the court, if it were me, I'd likely have no choice but to not have my client lie on the stand OR be truthful and incriminate himself - and so I'd have to have him plead the 5th. There is little chance I believe that they could prosecute my client if he doesn't testify, because other than his own admission, what other evidence is there that he was soliciting? Will the hooker testify to that? Her pimps? I think not since they will then be incriminating themselves.

So you see, you have various options here - the legal ones being testify as to the truth, and run the risk of prosecution since you just handed them a solid soliciation case against yourself, or don't testify at all. If you choose the latter and have a lawyer assist you in invoking that right, it is possible that the prosecution of the thugs can stll go forward, since the thug/defendant may not be aware that the star witness is backing out, and may plead guilty to some charge anyway.

Optional Information:
State/Country relating to question: Virginia

Already Tried:
waiting for the court case date and the creminals who stold me in the jail

Detail Required: LOW; Urgency: LOW

Good luck with your decision.

-------

I hope this clarifies and I wish you the best. If anything in my answer is unclear, please hit REPLY and let me know which part needs some follow up and I will work on answering that for you. If I do not respond right away, please know that I am diligently working here on your question and I will be back as soon as possible, after engaging in any necessary and prudent confirming research to ensure that no recent legal changes have occurred that would effect your answer. Please also know that your expressed satisfaction with my answer is my top priority, and my time here today with you supports my volunteer work for the Disabled in the U.S.
You can ask for me directly in the future by starting your post with "To Alexia Esq."

AlexiaEsq., Managing Attorney
Experience: 19+ Years of Legal Practice in Criminal Law.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you so much for your great answers, her pimps still in the jail, after they stole me they ran and when the police found them somewhere far than the hotel they lied and said that they never saw me before, they went to the jail and after a day they said yes the stole me and throw my stuff in the street because I bothered someone's of them girlfriend who is the hotel hooker and that's why the officer came to me next day and said to me why I lied and didn't tell I was visiting them girlfriend who is an escort hooker, again I just did a crazy thing when I visited her and I was not meaning to have any kind of sex with her, later I called the investigator and met meet him and told him that I don't wanna anything from that guys and wanna cancel the case but later he told me that he doesn't agree and if I don't show in the court, arrested
Good morning,

The court can certainly issue a subpoena ordering you to appear. But again, you could invoke your 5th amendment right. The State could then choose to give you immunity from prosecution, so that you could safely testify. Consider getting a local defense attorney to help you with this - may relieve some stress and some of the unknown factors, the speculation, so you are best protected.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am a foreigner and really don't know the laws of the country and because of what I watch in the multimedia I thought It's legal what I did but who believes?? I know how strict are the courts here. Also I'm sorry I forgot to tell you that when they investigated the prostitute who they said she is someone's of them girlfriend she said that this guy who is me visited her before and this is not the first time, also her pimps they came to me first and said do you smoke weed like a drug dealer's and I said no and get away than me or I will call the police and I'm calling them now and that's why then they assaulted me and stole my stuff. My life changed to just thinking and stress since that day, please let me know what best to do and thank you so much in advance
Given your lack of experience with the laws here, especially, I urge you to use that criminal defense attorney to muddle through this. He/she and you can more thoroughly review your situation in full (including state's case, possibly) and analyze which avenue, including those I suggested you review above, and any other that can be gleaned from your actual file and fulle details - will serve you best. Good luck!

-------

I hope this clarifies and I wish you the best. If anything in my answer is unclear, please hit REPLY and let me know which part needs some follow up and I will work on answering that for you. If I do not respond right away, please know that I am diligently working here on your question and I will be back as soon as possible, after engaging in any necessary and prudent confirming research to ensure that no recent legal changes have occurred that would effect your answer. Please also know that your satisfaction with my answer is my top priority, and my time here today with you supports my volunteer work for the Disabled in the U.S.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That criminal defense when I called him said to me, from where u got my number and said to me, u were going to have sex and they stole you and and and many bad thinks like want to show me wrong by any bad doubt and finally said to me quickly okay i will c u before the court date by 2 weeks or sometime around that, the investigator said to me I don't need a lawyer, my question please is that what could happen to me after the court date case, what could I be charged and jail time. Thank you
Whoa:

That criminal defense when I called him said to me, from where u got my number and said to me, u were going to have sex and they stole you and and and many bad thinks like want to show me wrong by any bad doubt and finally said to me quickly okay i will c u before the court date by 2 weeks or sometime around that, Doesn't sond like a firm date. If you have not yet paid him his retainer, I'd follow up on that and/or retain a criminal defense attorney. There are many to choose from.

the investigator said to me I don't need a lawyer, Hello. He works for the PROSECUTION. He is not on your side, he is on the side of the State of Virginia. And helping the prosecution prosecute crimes, including solicitation, is his job. He owes you know duty of loyalty or even honesty. You can only get that from your OWN attorney, not the lawyers and investigators that are trying to win criminal cases, if you get my drift.

my question please is that what could happen to me after the court date case, what could I be charged and jail time. Thank you
Charge could be solicitation, obstructing justice (when you lied), and probably several other things that the criminal defense attorney could determine once he can review your file. However, since they haven't charged you yet, this court date is NOT one where you get tried because they'd have to charge you first, allow you time to get a lawyer, etc. But, it could be a bad opp for you to say things you shouldn't, and once you do, you can't take them back or negate them. Ergo, best to have your attorney there doing the talking for you. And jail time could be up to a year if a misdemeanor, several years if more - but not mandatorily, as their could be probation, or you could win an acquittal, etc.