JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Experience:  Handling criminal and probation matters for over 14 years.

I have an outstanding warrant in Minnesota I wish to take care

I have an outstanding warrant in Minnesota I wish to take care of. I live in wisconsin What do I need to do. The charge was for not paying for 10.00 worth of gas
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 4 years ago.
Hi and thank you for using JustAnswer!

I am sorry to learn of these circumstances. Do you have the contact information for the court that has issued the warrant?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It is in Chisago County in Minnesota
Thank you. When are you going to go back there?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I want to take care of it tomorrow. Its only an hour drive
Very well.

Call the court first and ask them when do they handle walk-in arraignments.

Then go to court when they tell you. Go to the court, check-in, appear before the judge, plead guilty, and the judge will assess whatever fines/costs s/he deems to be appropriate.

It has been my pleasure to assist you today with your information needs. It is my goal that you are satisfied and select the Happy Smiley Face. No expert can promise you an answer that is favorable to your circumstances. But I will do my very best to explain the legal principles that are related to the facts you’ve described so that you can better understand the “why” of things.

If you have a follow-up question, please reply and ask it.

If you have other questions on different matters, you can ask me at Or there are also other Experts ready to assist you in a range of Legal specialties, Veterinary, Cars and others – you can reach them via the homepage.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
If I went there as soon as they open would I see the judge tomorrow or would they set a court date?
Each court is different in how they scheduled their dockets and the availability of the judge or magistrate to handle walk-ins. This is why I suggested that you first call them to find out when they handle walk in arraignments. I'd hate to see you get there first thing in the morning and then sit around all day waiting.