Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years experience practicing attorney

can I criminally sue a hospital for falsifying records from

can I criminally sue a hospital for falsifying records from paramedics report thru discharge 31/2 weeks stay in hospital. I have all the records from admission to abrupt discharge, the misrepresentations are clearly shown on their paperwork. It deals with a doctor over prescribing acetaminophen w/ codiene #4.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 4 years ago.

Dear JACUSTOMER - You can't "criminally sue" anyone since only the state can pursue criminal charges. So your only option if you want the hospital or doctors charged with a crime is to talk to the police or the prosecutor and ask to file a criminal complaint. it will then be up to the prosecutor to review the facts and make a determination as to whether he or she believes the facts warrant criminal charges and as lo whether there is enough evidence to be able to prove the case.

If you want to file a civil suit you are permitted to that with or with out an attorney and that is where you can ask for monetary damages. In a criminal case there would be no monetary damages however the defendant can be subjected to a fine as well as jail time..