Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

The site states "under 4 pounds" is a class 6 felony. If that

The site states "under 4 pounds" is a class 6 felony.
If that is the case then what is less than a gram with a pipe? (if you are a cook it's a "pinch" not enough to weigh)
I was not given a ticket but fully arrested, but not held nor did I sign anything. The cop said it may not even get prosecuted by the D.A.?
I've never been in any trouble in the history of my 50 year life. Can someone tell me what is next?
Under Arizona law, anything under 2 pounds is punishable as a misdemeanor or a felony and a "small amount" is a misdemeanor punishable by up to 6 months in jail and up to a $750 fine. However, for small personal use amounts on a first offense, the DA can, and in most all cases will, offer you a deferred sentence where upon completion of the sentence they will dismiss the charges.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer OR the HAPPY SMILEY FACE. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL, LEGAL ANSWERS TAKE MORE THAN “MINUTES” TO PUT TOGETHER AS WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IT WILL BE MORE THAN “MINUTES” IN SOME CASES BEFORE YOU GET A RESPONSE, BUT BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”