LawTalk, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years legal experience

the certificate was giving to a cutomer that will not press

the certificate was giving to a cutomer that will not press the issue. The Texas department if Insurance fraud is looking into it. The customer told me that they will not press charges but have warned me of the possible investagatin. Should I consult an attorney in this matter?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 years ago.
Good afternoon,

Yes, you should consult a local Criminal Defense attorney as the customer does not control whether or not charges will be filed. The crime is considered a crime against the state and the prosecutor has the ability to file the charges despite what the "victim" might ask them to do. I'm sorry.

I hope you found my answer informative, even if the law is not necessarily in your favor. I wish you the best in 2012.