Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I was in accident in Tennessee on 4-11-12 and was taken to

Customer Question

I was in accident in Tennessee on 4-11-12 and was taken to the hospital and released the next day...my blood alcohol was .27...no one else was injured...my charge is DUI...what are is my potential jail time???
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Ely replied 4 years ago.

I am very sorry for your situation. Assuming that this was your first DUI your possible punishment is:

-Jail – 6 Days (with credit for arrest time)
-License Suspension; from 6 Months to 3 Years 9for .17 and above)
-Reinstatement Fee $450
-Fine from $250 to $1,000

I hope this finds you well. If you still need information, hit reply so we can chat more until you are satisfied. You may always come back to it to ask follow ups on this topic for free. Please remember that I do not get credit for my time with you unless the answer is concluded by you. You can always link to my profile for another question at a later time: www.justanswer.com/law/expert-elyJD/
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
This is my second DUI the first was in Ohio in 2008
Expert:  Ely replied 4 years ago.
Apologies. In this case, it would be:

*Jail – 20 Days (If Blood Alcohol Concentration .17 or Above)
*Electronic Home Monitoring – From 18 Days to 6 Months
Fine – From $350 to $1,500
*License Suspension – From 1 to 5 Years
*Reinstatement Fee - $450
*Vehicle Immobilization – 90 Days
*Driver Intervention Program

I hope this finds you well. If you still need information, hit reply so we can chat more until you are satisfied. You may always come back to it to ask follow ups on this topic for free. Please remember that I do not get credit for my time with you unless the answer is concluded by you; I work very hard to get you the information you seek. You can always link to my profile for another question at a later time: www.justanswer.com/law/expert-elyJD/
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
This is my second DUI...the first was in 2008
Expert:  Ely replied 4 years ago.
I think we crossed each while "talking" - please see below:

Apologies. In this case, it would be:

Fine – From $350 to $1,500
*License Suspension – From 1 to 5 Years
*Reinstatement Fee - $450
*Vehicle Immobilization – 90 Days
*Driver Intervention Program

The lookback period is 6 years, meaning the 2008 DUI counts.

I hope this finds you well. If you still need information, hit reply so we can chat more until you are satisfied. You may always come back to it to ask follow ups on this topic for free. Please remember that I do not get credit for my time with you unless the answer is concluded by you; I work very hard to formulate a quick, concise, and informative answer for you. You can always link to my profile for another question at a later time: www.justanswer.com/law/expert-elyJD/