AttorneyTom, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney

if a person after read their rights,durring questing ask for

if a person after read their rights,durring questing ask for a lawyer,have a lawyer show up and the police refused to let him see his clinent and keeped questing him. police stated because he being detained and not under arest
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  AttorneyTom replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the opportunity to answer your question. I am sending this answer to you only a few minutes after you submitted your question. You didn't really ask a question but I assume you're wondering what the effect is of denying counsel to an individual during an interrogation.
If a suspect asks to have his attorney present during a custodial interrogation, the interrogation should stop immediately. If the interrogation continues, the defendant's attorney may petition the court to suppress any evidence that stems from the interrogation that follows the ignored request for an attorney. In that way, information coming from an interrogation where an individual has been denied access to counsel can be inadmissible in court.