Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX partner is currently wrongfully

hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX partner is currently wrongfully incarcerated and his bail/bond is excessively high on his last court appearance the judge didnt want to lower bail im 6months pregnant and out of hope on what can i do next please guide me with this concern thanks
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.

Samuel-II :

Hi

Samuel-II :

Please tell me what he is charged with? Is this a first offense? Does he have a job?

Samuel-II :

Do you know what the court said when denying a bond adjustment?

Customer:

he is charged with narcotics and weapon found in his home . this is his first offense.currently unemployed .

Customer:

he was not in possession of such narcotics when he was arrested

Customer:

hello

Samuel-II :

Yes. I am here

Samuel-II :

What is the amount of the bond? Does he have a job?

Samuel-II :

I see, you note he is unemployed.

Customer:

250000 no job at the moment was laid off

Samuel-II :

No income ?

Customer:

no

Customer:

so far i went to a bonds men and put down a property but is not enough

Samuel-II :

He can appeal the bond to the next higher court.

Samuel-II :

Also, does he have a public defender to help him?

Samuel-II :

He can request the Public Defender because he has no income, unless he owns his home.

Customer:

he has a lawyer but he is not giving me hope for what to do next

Samuel-II :

Also, did you write to the Court, explaining you need his help while pregnant? Can you get some sort of medical documentation to affect from your doctor stating he needs to help you at this time?

Samuel-II :

Oh. Alright. So he has an attorney and can't afford the 10% of his 250,000 bond which means he needs 2500 for a bondsman?

Customer:

no havent taken those steps im completely lost as to what to do

Samuel-II :

Well, you can get a bondsman. They will charge a small fee for them to put up the $2500 for the bond

Samuel-II :

when the court says $250,000 it means a percentage of that must be put up

Customer:

i can get medical documentation but how do i write to court

Samuel-II :

Generally that is 10 percent.

Samuel-II :

You can write a letter stating that you are pregnant and are enclosing the medical documentation showing that you need him home to assist you at this time and

Samuel-II :

then request the court to reconsider the bond.

Customer:

i went to a bonds men and they said i need more than the property i put down

Samuel-II :

But if he has a lawyer, you need to run all this by the attorney

Samuel-II :

I suggest you do not want to do anything without the attorney's approval

Samuel-II :

Well, check with the clerk of the court and see how much the court is requiring on the bond

Samuel-II :

and what percentage is needed

Samuel-II :

Again at 10 percent that is $2500.00

Samuel-II :

And a bondsman should be able to put that up for a small fee to them. Also check another bondsman

Samuel-II :

But I suggest you do not do anything without the approval of the attorney as it relates to addressing the court

Customer:

ok so i should run these suggestions by his lawyer first

Customer:

as far as the writing to a court and other

Samuel-II :

Yes.

Samuel-II :

Absolutely. Because you do not want to do anything the lawyer may percieve as harmful to his case

Customer:

ok i will run all this info by him

Samuel-II :

If you have further questions, you may post them here and I will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a JA Subscription, Please ACCEPT my answer by clicking either the GREEN ACCEPT or the SMILEY FACE as that is the only way I get credit for my time and information. Thank you

Customer:

thank you very much youve been helpfull have a nice day

Samuel-II :

Good luck

Samuel-II :

You have a good day, too. Thank you

Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience: Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.