AttorneyTom, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney

How do I check my criminal history from 35 years ago

Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  AttorneyTom replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the opportunity to answer your question. I am sending this answer to you only a few minutes after you submitted your question.

The Clerk of Court's Office in the county in which you were charged would have any records pertaining to your charges. Alternatively, the FBI runs a background checking service and you could obtain a record of the information that has been reported to the FBI (minor crimes may not have made it that far and you may only be able to get those records at the Clerk's Office). Another alternative is to contact the New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services, as the Division provides a service called the Personal Criminal History Record Review Program. The Program can provide information pertaining to criminal records maintained by the division, though the same issue may exist with minor charges and the Clerk of Court's Office in the county in which charges took place may have more detailed information.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Is there a legal online service.
I'm sorry but I'm not sure what you mean. If you're wondering whether or not you can retain an attorney through the internet, I can respond to that. You can find an attorney online using,, or a New York referral service. You can then discuss and further address the matter with the attorney on the telephone, via email, through fax, or through regular mail, depending on the manner in which the attorney prefers to do business. In that way, it's possible to retain an attorney without being present at his office.