LawTalk, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years legal experience

How do I know if I qaulify for a waiver of arraigment in Dallas

How do I know if I qaulify for a waiver of arraigment in Dallas Texas
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 years ago.
Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear of the situation.

Under Texas law, an attorney for a defendant may present a Waiver of Arraignment to the court clerk and the defendant may thereafter avoid the arraignment proceeding.

Art. 26.011. WAIVER OF ARRAIGNMENT. An attorney representing a defendant may present a waiver of arraignment, and the clerk of the court may not require the presence of the defendant as a condition of accepting the waiver.

I hope you found my answer informative, even if the law is not necessarily in your favor. I wish you the best in 2012.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Would there be any reason a Judge would not sign the waiver arraigment if the Bont is set already? Please don't answer if there is an additional charge.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 years ago.
Good morning,

There is no additional charge for my answering your follow up questions. You may ask as many as you need to in order to get your question answered. However, do keep in mind that you have ONLY made a deposit---I am only paid when you accept my answer or press the smiley face. So I would appreciate that so I can be credited with assisting you.

There really is little reason why a Waiver of Arraignment--especially if bond is already set--- would not be accepted.