Legal-Guru, Criminal Justice Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced Criminal Trial Attorney since 1998.

if I have a warrent for burglary a felony in nevada would they

if I have a warrent for burglary a felony in nevada would they look for me in canada?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Legal-Guru replied 4 years ago.
It's unlikely, but not impossible that they would actively try to track you down in Canada assuming the burglary did not involve violence or injury. More likely is that if you got stopped by police for something else or were going through customs that they would run a check on you and find the outstanding warrant.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no it was not violent or anything like that but do u really think they would do all that to find me for one burglary charge?
I cannot say for sure, but it is possible. It would be up to Nevada whether to extradite you or not. Cost is factor so they may choose not to, but on the other hand not extraditing encourages people to flee so they may choose to do so.

You have to understand that your case is not in a vacuum. They have to make these decisions often. Misdemeanors usually do not get extradited, but felonies often do.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok thanks just one more question. whats the extradition law in canada?
I'm not an expert on Canadian law, but the U.S. and Canada have treaties that govern extradition. I've known of people extradited from Canada back to the U.S. My understanding is that it is one of easiest foreign countries to extradite someone from.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
is there anything i can do to find out more and maybe to make it safer for myself or anything?
Other than taking care of your Nevada charges, no. As long as you have an outstanding warrant you will always have that possibility of getting arrested and extradited back hanging over your head. Sorry, I know that's probably not what you wanted to hear.