xavierjd
xavierjd, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 20 yrs experience in prosecution and defense work
14261217

does Amani Solomon have a warrant in Tennesse?

Customer Question

Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  xavierjd replied 4 years ago.

xavierjd :

Thanks for using JustAnswer.com. It will be my pleasure to assist you.

Expert:  xavierjd replied 4 years ago.
In order for me to better answer your question, please provide the following:

1. Can you please provide some more facts?

2. What makes you think that this person may have a warrant in Tennessee?

3. Do you have any idea what the warrant may be for?

Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the philadelphia police escorted the tennesse police to her grandmothers house and said they had a warrant for her arrest and they left a 1800 number that didn't work...
Expert:  xavierjd replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for the information.

Does she live or stay with her grandmother?

Did either agency leave a card?

Do you know the name(s) of the Philadelphia police officers who came, or what precinct they were from?

Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no she just had mail coming there...her grandmother answers but she's kinda old so she was scared all she said was they was from Tennesse and they had a warrant for her arrest about some money laundering or something to that affect
Expert:  xavierjd replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for the additional information.

If there IS a warrant for "money laundering," that is a VERY serious charge. That crime is a federal offense.

Below please find a link to an attorney's page that explains money laundering and the statutes that apply. It is a link to an attorney's office that is NOT in Tennessee, but it is VERY informational.

http://hmanuelhernandezlaw.com/moneylaundering.htm

Unless a detective or federal officer leaves a direct telephone number for a person to call, in general a person cannot just make a telephone call to a police agency to find out if there is a warrant for his/her arrest. The agency won't give up that information because if it did, it would be afraid that the person would "run" to avoid arrest.

The best way to handle the matter may be to contact an attorney who specializes in federal criminal law. The person may contact an attorney in Philadelphia. Sometimes, an initial consultation is free or at a minimal charge. The person may discuss the specific facts of his/her case, evaluate any options that s/he has, and decide how to proceed. The attorney may be able to contact the federal agency and/or the Philadelphia and/or Tennessee law enforcement agencies. If there is a warrant, the attorney may be able to arrange a date and time for the person to turn him/herself in on the warrant so that the person is not arrested.

If there is NOT a warrant, the attorney may be able to determine if law enforcement wants to speak to him/her about a possible crime that s/he may have knowledge of or about another person who may have committed a crime.

It is HIGHLY advisable for a person to make an appointment with a federal criminal law attorney. As I indicated, an attorney may be able to obtain information regarding a warrant based on specific information. Also, an attorney can protect the person's rights, including the right against self incrimination and the person's other constitutional rights. However, it is not possible for a "regular" person to find out if there is a warrant for a specific person by just calling a police agency.

It has been a pleasure to interact with you today. I hope you find this information useful and that you CLICK THE SMILEY FACE so that I can get credit for answering the question. Because you are a subscriber, it will not cost any more money for you to do so. Thank you. Good luck.