J.Hazelbaker
J.Hazelbaker, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive training and experience in criminal law matters, both prosecuting and defending.
15393114

if a tennant pays rent with a check then goes home and finds

if a tennant pays rent with a check then goes home and finds a 3 day to quit notice taped to the rental door handle and noticed the check was deposited and cashed 2 days after the notiice was served make the 3 day viod.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  J.Hazelbaker replied 4 years ago.

J.Hazelbaker :

Hello. Thank you for using JustAnswer.

J.Hazelbaker :

Yes. The landlord's subsequent acceptance of the payment, where payment was the grounds for eviction in the first place, eliminates the landlord's right to evict you.

J.Hazelbaker :

You can raise the acceptance of the payment in your defense at the hearing or through your written answer to the eviction action.

J.Hazelbaker :

Please let me know what follow-up questions you have. If my above responses have been helpful, please click Accept so that I get credit for the time/effort. You may always restart the thread and ask follow-up questions at any time by clicking the “Reply” button at the bottom of the question/answer thread. You can access this thread later in your profile under the “My Questions” tab.

Customer:

Thank you. Ill ask you a follow up question in about an hour when I have the papers with me.

J.Hazelbaker :

That's fine. I'll respond as soon as I can.

Customer:

Hi , I looked at the eviction papers and the 3 day notice was titled: 3 days to perform conditions and/or condiitions or quit, not as i stated the first time. sorry about that.

Customer:

3 days to perform conditions or covenants or quit

Customer:

The unlawful detainer that was filed reads as followed;;; Darrin C Saxxxxxx d/b/a [Allstate residental] I use [AllPhase residental]. Im planning on being out by the 1st of the month he has been paid every month except this month .