AttorneyTom, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney

If you have been convicted of a DUI in the last 5 years and

If you have been convicted of a DUI in the last 5 years and you have received another DUI arrest, are you still able to request an administrative hearing OR is your liscense automatically suspended?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  AttorneyTom replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the opportunity to answer your question.

For a second DUI arrest within 5 years, an individual can still seek an administrative hearing. In fact, doing so is actually even more important than it was with the first DUI, as the administrative suspension will be 5 years and an inidividual will not be eligible for early reinstatement until 18 months (at minimum). Therefore, it's important to retain an attorney immediately after a DUI arrest so that the defendant has an opportunity for proper representation and an administrative hearing.

Please use Reply to let me know if further clarification is needed, and please keep in mind that the I am not credited for unaccepted answers. Even if this was not what you were hoping to hear, it is a truthful answer and I hope that you now feel confident in your knowledge of the law. Please remember to click accept once you are finished. Thank you.