JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Experience:  Handling criminal and probation matters for over 14 years.
14211116

I have 2 outstanding tickets, one of which is for expired registration

I have 2 outstanding tickets, one of which is for expired registration and the other for expired inspection for my car. It's now been over a year, I've completely missed the opportunity to take care of this easily, and now I have 2 warrants for my arrest for failing to show up at the court house.

What are my options? I went online and it shows bail at $200 for each warrant, on top of the $170 each ticket fine cost. What should I do? I want to take care of this as soon as possible, should I go to the court house and pay this fine or find an attorney?

Will I have to pay the bail if I go to the court house, and if I can't am I arrested? I have the money for the tickets, just not the bail that is set...
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 4 years ago.
Hi and thank you for using JustAnswer!

I am sorry to learn of your experience. Did you ever get the registration renewed and inspection taken care of?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I did take care of both, being completely absent minded, I forgot to fax or simply go to the court house and submit the documents for dismissal.
Thank you.

There should be no problem in simply going to the court (bring proof of those documents, just in case), take your money, pay the fines, and the warrants will be recalled and file closed.

From the described facts, there's no concern for being arrested or being taken to jail. The court will be happy to close out the files.

It has been my pleasure to assist you today with your information needs. It is my goal that you are satisfied. No expert can promise you an answer that is favorable to your circumstances. But I will do my very best to explain the legal principles that are related to the facts you’ve described so that you can better understand the “why” of things.

If you have a follow-up question, please reply and ask it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have other questions on different matters, you can ask me at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-jb-umphrey/. Or there are also other Experts ready to assist you in a range of Legal specialties, Veterinary, Cars and others – you can reach them via the www.justanswer.com homepage.