Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

I have a North Carolina case number XXXXX defendants full name,

I have a North Carolina case number XXXXX defendant's full name, from an arrest in April 2010. How can I determine the charges against the individual and the case outcome?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Roger replied 4 years ago.

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Criminal Law litigation attorney here to assist you.

If you know what county the case was in, you can call the District Court (misdemeanor court) and the Superior Court (felony court) for the county and ask the clerk to look up the matter on the docket by the person's name or case number. The documents are public record, so you'd be entitled to know the result of the case.

If you don't know what county this occurred in, it will be much harder. Your best option in that case would be to do a background check on the person online. It should should any criminal history, and give you the name of the court/county this occurred in.