Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

A search of my house was done and the detective claimed they wer there

Customer Question

A search of my house was done and the detective claimed they wer there because a informant said I 'sell weed' but the copy of the warrent spacificly stated methamphetamines and/or manufacturing or distributing it. They found a ounce of weed and two lines of meth on a mirror.. I am confused becuase the dtective insists on me makin a meth buy for him, sayin he isnt interested in weed dealers-YET HE INSISTS THATS WHY THEY KICKED IN MY DOOR! am I being investegated? would this be something they would do if they were investigatin some one close to me? it doesnt make sense help me to know what to do
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
Hi

What is your question, exactly, please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
does it sound to you as if I'm being investagated....it or is that something the police would do if they were investigating somebody close to me thats involved with drugs- although that 'person'doesnt involve me or my house with n e unlawful conduct....I CHATTED WITH YOU BRIEFLY APROX 2 DAYS AGO (if you recall) IN RE: QUESTIONABLE SEARCH WARRENT, CHECKIN ABOUT THE AFFADAVT

Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
Hi

It sounds to me as if someone said you had marijuana in your home. Of course, while searching for the marijuana if they found other drugs, that is admissible as evidence against you.

It also sounds as if they are after the "bigger fish" and they are going to try to use you to help get to that person.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
right I understand that but the warrent specifically stated search for methamphetamines things plfor packaginge and produce or distributed so if the warrents for marijuana why isnt that what it said? also if he isnt interested in a larger weed supplier than me, why would he have kicked in my door for much less.....
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
Hi

I cannot be positive, but many times doors are kicked in for effect.

Whether the warrant was for the methamphetamines or marijuana is not consequential, if you had any drugs in the home. It does not matter. They had a legal search warrant and could come in and search.

Why they have targeted you, I do not know for certain. As I stated, they may want you to help them get a bigger fish.

Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience: Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hello,
well i appreciate ur advise, so the last i spoke with the detective he told me if
he didnt hear from me by the next week he'd no i wasnt intrested in helping
him n he would just charge me with the weed posetion. well insted that fruday
he called n left messages sayi ng its time for me to go to jail, if i dont turn myself
in he will come get me at the worse possible time.....can he do that? i have a mis
dor menior failure to appear warrent- can he use that as reason to 'really come
get me'??
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hello,
well i appreciate your advise, so the last i spoke with the detective he told me if
he didst hear from me by the next week he'd no i wasn't interested in helping
him n he would just charge me with the weed position. well instead that Friday
get me'??
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
Hi

If he has an arrest warrant, he certainly can come and arrest you. As I tried to explain, if they found the marijuana while searching for something else, then it is a legal seizure and you can be charged.

If you do not turn yourself in, the chances are they will come and arrest you and charge you.

If you have further questions, you may post them here and I will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a JA Subscription, Please ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I get credit for my time and information. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
well i duno if it makes a difference but its not a arrest warrent its a bench warrent for failure to appear.....