Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

I have a neighbor who gets drunk and beligerent. We live next

I have a neighbor who gets drunk and beligerent. We live next door to eachother in a townhome community. He listens to music and tv very loudly. Over the past 11 months we have had issues with his noise. At first I would ask politely and he would turn it down until the next night, and up it would go again. After knocking on the door, then texting, then calling police (who can't do anything unless they can hear the noise outside), notifying landlord (we have same landlord), the noise continues. Long story short, as of 2 Monday's ago I was arrested on Simple Assault because I sprayed him with pepper spray due to the fact that he was drunk and beligerent and had been yelling obscenities about me. I had no contact with him during the first week, then Sunday I was served with a Restraining Order.......... I haven't so much as looked at him (which is why he is annoyed).... He continues to listen to loud music and is trying to incite me to do something. I have been staying with a friend and don't go to my place unless someone is with me. Tomorrow I have to appear in court about the restraining order. This guy is harrassing me and emotionally bullying me. I have all of his bullying texts for the past 9 months telling me to call police and calling me a psycopath, etc. My court date for the Simple Assault charge is in two weeks. He also got charged with Disorderly Conduct. Any advice???
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.

Samuel-II :

Hi

Samuel-II :

I am sorry to hear of this situation for you.

Samuel-II :

When you go to the restraining order hearing, I suggest you can explain to the court that you are dealing with harassment and that you have no intention of being a harm or threat to your neighbor. That you had only been kind and you had asked him to lower the music nicely time and time again.

Samuel-II :

I suggest you don't want to give the court any reason to believe you are anything other than a cool, calm and rationale person

Samuel-II :

So when the neighbor presents his information and it is lies, just let him go. Do not shake your head and do not interupt when he is talking. You will get your turn.

Samuel-II :

I suggest it is best to listen quietly all the while looking at the judge.

Samuel-II :

When it is your turn to talk, you can bring up his harassment, etc.

Samuel-II :

If you have further questions, you may post them here and I will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a JA Subscription, Please ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I get credit for my time and information. Thank you

Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience: Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.