Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

just charged in Aggravated assault 3rd degree from a bar fight.

just charged in Aggravated assault 3rd degree from a bar fight. No criminal history 38 year old male.. victim recieved 6 stitches above eye .What is the chances of me serving time if guilty. The victim did participate...
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Roger replied 4 years ago.

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Criminal Law litigation attorney here to assist you.

What state are you in?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Expert:  Roger replied 4 years ago.

A third degree offense carries a sentence of 3-5 years in prison and a fine of up to $15,000. Thus, this is a serious issue.

However, if this is your first offense ever, it is possible that you can avoid jail time and instead take probation, get a deferred sentence or some other diversion option instead of jail. I would highly recommend that you consult an attorney to help reach a deal with the prosecutor to keep you out of jail.