JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Experience:  Handling criminal and probation matters for over 14 years.
14211116

Fingerprinted in 1973 and convicted of a misdemeanor Will

Fingerprinted in 1973 and convicted of a misdemeanor

Will that information likely be in the IAFIS / FBI repository?
Hi and thank you for using JustAnswer!

Yes, it will be in the repository IF that conviction appears on your criminal history from the state where the conviction occurred.

The FBI gets its data directly from the state police databases which create those criminal history reports.

It has been my pleasure to assist you today with your information needs. It is my goal that you are satisfied. No expert can promise you an answer that is favorable to your circumstances. But I will do my very best to explain the legal principles that are related to the facts you’ve described so that you can better understand the “why” of things.

If you have a follow-up question, please reply and ask it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have other questions on different matters, you can ask me at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-jb-umphrey/. Or there are also other Experts ready to assist you in a range of Legal specialties, Veterinary, Cars and others – you can reach them via the www.justanswer.com homepage.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

OK - makes sense.

How would I know if my name is XXXXX XXXXX state police databases? I did a search on files in the state, using the state system, and nothing came up.

Would that mean there was no record with IAFIS?

What state did the conviction occur in?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Rhode Island
And you've already obtained a copy of your record from the Bureau of Criminal Identification in RI?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No - I just searched their online system.

Thank you. You will want to obtain a copy of your criminal history from them. The process for doing that is explained at: http://www.riag.state.ri.us/bci/records.php

If the conviction does not appear on that report, then it will not be in the IAFIS / FBI repository.