InformationForYou
InformationForYou, Lawyer
Experience:  Litigation attorney & adjunct legal professor
12569237

my friend works at a store. He is selling a product which is

Customer Question

my friend works at a store. He is selling a product which is legal according to store owner and the manufacturing company ( he shows paper work to employee ). But suddenly a cop shows up and charges him for delivery of C/S and charges other 3 store clerks for same. The employee is also charged for possession when it was not on him. It was in the store. Will me friend get convicted of this fellony ? will he be deported ? Can he be saved from felony charges ? The store owners accept that the stuff is theirs and there are selling it and clerk is not bringing from home.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  InformationForYou replied 2 years ago.

InformationForYou :

What was he selling? If what he was selling was legal, what the store owner told him is not relevant at all. You may have heard the saying "ignorance of the law is no defense" - what that means is that even if a person innocently believed something was legal when it wasn't, that won't be a valid defense.

InformationForYou :

So the answers to your questions are: based on what you've said so far, it is definitely possible your friend will be convicted of a felony if the sale of the substance is a felony.

InformationForYou :

If he is convicted of a felony he very well may be deported.

InformationForYou :

If the store owners confirm that they lied to the employees, showed the employees a fake document saying it was allowed to be sold, and if your friend cooperates to help with the convictions of the owners, then your friend may have a chance at a reduced sentence.

InformationForYou :

Good luck - I hope it works out for him.

InformationForYou :

Please click accept to give me credit for responding.

Customer :

the owners are taking full responsibility. The product name is PUMP-IT. According to constable the product has pentedrone in it. According to manufacturing company there is no pentedrone in it and it is not banned in texas. Can u find the status of pentedrone in texas ? How would innocent employees know that it has some "banned" chemical substance in it. They werte just selling it like energizer. And my frinds Girlfriend is american. If they marry, would he be allowed to stay in USA. can they separate a spouse ??

InformationForYou :

It is illegal in Texas so I'm not sure why you were told it wasn't.

InformationForYou :

You can see here:

InformationForYou :

It talks about not only that it is illegal but also that others have been arrested for it.

InformationForYou :

If he is arrested and convicted he could be deported. Unfortunately his marriage to an American citizen won't change that if they are going to deport him.

InformationForYou :

GOod luck and please click accept to give me credit for responding.