Legal-Guru
Legal-Guru, Criminal Justice Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced Criminal Trial Attorney since 1998.
58645016

shopplifted ,community service hrs. and 3 yrs probation,,now 2nd time and its been a year

shopplifted ,community service hrs. and 3 yrs probation,,now 2nd time and its been a year since the first offense...what is going to happen to me/ will there will a warrant for my arrest? i know i need a lawyer never been in trouble before i dont undertand why i keep doing this stuff ok i know im goin through different stuff right now divorce mom sick daughter helping her to get to college and i have or has a probelm with pain medication,,,seeing a counselor nowwhat am i going to do i could lose my job..should have thought about tht before help
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Legal-Guru replied 2 years ago.
Were you arrested this time or just given a citation?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
not arrested...but will they not still press charges? because if they do and this is my second time, ill go to jail right? there is no question this time i know i need a lawyer. so many bad choices in the past three months, now ive got to tell my therapist this..dont know what is wrong with me and my job, ill lose my job all this stuff i know thought about it
There could be some jail time involved although I would not expect it to be a lengthy. It is possible that you could avoid any jail time. It just depends what your lawyer is able to negotiate with the prosecutor.

The best thing you can do is demonstrate that you are addressing the issues that are causing you to exhibit this behavior. Provide documentation of that to your lawyer so he can show it to the prosecutor.

It's not good that you're already on probation for the same thing, but in the criminal justice system shoplifting is one of the most minor crimes. It sounds like maybe your addition to pain meds and the stressors in your life are causing you to make some bad decisions. Keep working on those. If if appears you are making a legitimate effort at addressing your issues it will help your lawyer with plea negotiations.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
so you are saying if i can get my lawyer to understand my situation though im getting help with the pain meds..im stil on medication to avoid the dependency and a divorce and taking care of a motehr and workim to compulsive or something.. i suppose i need to defintely get help for this one to not a lenghty jail time meaning? is realy possible i'd go and lose a job should have bee so concerned before now
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
so also could i have a warrant out for my arrest if they the courts pull this info up and find out that i had this probation?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
will there be a warrant on me now? since i was given 3 yr probation it was said not a lengthy time but possibel time and or now time at all because of my circumstances
Yes, they will likely issue a warrant for a probation violation. You need to look at your rules of probation. You are probably required to report any arrests or violations of the law.

I suggest hiring a local attorney. They should be able to arrange your appearance on the warrant without having to spend any time in jail.
Legal-Guru, Criminal Justice Lawyer
Experience: Experienced Criminal Trial Attorney since 1998.