dkennedy
dkennedy, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  J.D. degree, 15 years practice
5930486

My kids friends dropped dog poop in a bag and lit it in fire

Customer Question

My kid's friends dropped dog poop in a bag and lit it in fire of a random house, he was asked to go. Now policy called to investigate. What should we do?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  dkennedy replied 4 years ago.

dkennedy :

dkennedy :

Your son should probably say nothing without an attorney. You didn't say how old your son is, but it is probably a juvenile matter. But, he could say the wrong thing and get himself in trouble. It is better if he keeps silent and talks to an attorney.

Customer:

When police called, I was telling the police that my son was in the car when this happened, and he's not aware that this other kid would light a fire. The police said they will/might call him as witness. I don't know why the police kept saying my son is lying.

Expert:  dkennedy replied 4 years ago.

You should not have said anything to the police and they will keep trying to intimidate him and you. Don't let him say anything.. If they call him as a witness, he needs to refuse to answer. He needs a lawyer if at all possible.