Joseph, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  I have 15 years experience in criminal litigation including several years as a felony prosecutor

I received my first DUI in Las Vegas on 8 Feb 2012. I have

I received my first DUI in Las Vegas on 8 Feb 2012. I have a clean record with only a speeding ticket that was dismissed in 2005 in North Carolina. I am a veteran... what kind of punishment am I looking at? I did rear end someone. The person was only minorly injured and left the hospital with a neck brace after a checkup. I have an active drivers license and insurance.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Joseph replied 4 years ago.

On a first offense DUI in Nevada, the penalties include a fine of up to $1,000, jail of up to 6 months, community service of 96 hours, a 3 month driver's license suspension and a DUI class. It would also be possible to have a requirement of an ignition interlock installed in your car and an alcohol abuse evaluation.

Please let me know if anything requires clarification.

I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please click on the green ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Even if you are a subscription member, you will need to click ACCEPT. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated! Thank you and good luck!

Also, several customers have asked how they may direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to assist you in your legal matter, just put "FOR JOSEPH" in the subject line and I will gladly pick up the question as soon as I am on-line.