TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA

I received my first DUI in Las Vegas, 8 Feb 2012. The only

Customer Question

I received my first DUI in Las Vegas, 8 Feb 2012. The only other thing that is on my record is a dismissed speeding ticket in North Carolina in 2005. I am applying for a job whose head quarters are based in Connecticut. My case has not reached court and will not until May 8 of this year. Can I put I have not plead or been convicted of a felony on my Job Application?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

Yes, you can state that you have not pleaded guilty or been convicted of a felony on the application, and it would be the truth.

Have I satisfactorily addressed your concerns? If not, then feel free to let me know, as I will be happy to clarify my answer or help with your follow-up questions. In the meantime, please remember to click the green accept button so that I will receive credit and compensation for my time (doing so does not end our discussion). Positive feedback is always appreciated as well. Thank you and good luck!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What about punishments in Las Vegas? I have a license, I am insured. I did rear end someone and she was taken to the hospital for a checkup and released.
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Hi again.

For a first offense, you're likely dealing with community service and a fine.