Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor

My brother in law died due to a deep skull injury in his acquaintancees

My brother in law died due to a deep skull injury in his acquaintancee's basement and the police stated that he slipped and fall and hit on the wall. His death happened at around 4 p.m. and there were people around but only informed to the 911, 4 hours later past 8 p.m.
In between, his acquintancees in the basement called up several of their friends including a male nurse to confirm that he is dead. We have several reasonable doubts from the statements from the people were present there that it is a homicide. The first person who saw the body told us that he saw my brother in law laying sidewaide in the basement entrance and thought that he is drunk and unconscious and left it there. What shall we do in order to call for a thorough investigation. Though we met the investigation detective and explained it all, he states that there is nothing unusual with the autopsy report. Kindly advice to move forward and thanks in advance from the grieving family.
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to help you.

How long ago did your brother die?

Was the police investigation concluded in this case?

Were there any signs of forcible injuries or death found in the autopsy report?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Alex, Thanks for the immediate response. My brother died in August 2011. The police investigation is not formally concluded yet. There were no signs of forcible injuries or death in the autopsy report. But all the statements from each and every person who were there are very contradictory. And the person(Friend 1) who called the 911 was there at the time of death which is at 4 p.m. but only reported at past 8 p.m. In between his friends told that he was contacting many people since 5 p.m. to reach the spot. But when the police arrived, this person told the police and us that he seen the body only at 8 p.m. accidentally and called the police immediately. Also, the first person(Friend 2)) who stated that he saw the body at 4 p.m. and he stated that there was another friend (Friend 3) who was drunk was inside the basement at the same time.
Thank you for your follow up.

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your brother.

At this point, I would suggest for you to consult and retain an established local criminal defense attorney, who can contact the local DA's office and also the chief of police and can demand, as well as put legal pressure on the police to investigate this untimely death of your brother further and possibly assign a new detective and also interview all of the witnesses involved.

Another or additional option, would be for you to also hire a licensed private investigator in your area, who has a strong law enforcement background in homicide investigations, who would be able to conduct an independent investigation into this matter.

Unfortunately, you do need to act fast, as the more time passes, the harder it will get to find out the truth and to prosecute any person who might be responsible for your brother's death.

If you are satisfied with my answer, I would appreciate if you would click on the accept button.

Please keep in mind if you already made a deposit or on a monthly subscription plan you will not incur any additional charges, but I will only be compensated for my time and effort only if you click on ACCEPT.

Bonus and positive feedback are always greatly appreciated