J.Hazelbaker
J.Hazelbaker, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive training and experience in criminal law matters, both prosecuting and defending.
15393114

I had a DUI in 1992 .No property or personal/vehical damage.6

I had a DUI in 1992 .No property or personal/vehical damage.6 months probations ,no jail time . I am applying for a state job and they have asked me if i have a first degree misdemeaner . It was so long ago I can't remember . I do not have a second offense .
how do I know if I have a 1st degree misdemeaner
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  J.Hazelbaker replied 4 years ago.

J.Hazelbaker :

Hello. Thank you for using JustAnswer.

J.Hazelbaker :

Based on your description, it does not appear that you would have been charged with a 1st degree misdemeanor.

J.Hazelbaker :

However, the only way to determine that for certain is to contact the clerk of court for the county in which you were charged (you can simply "google" the phrase "Lee County Clerk of Court", for example.

J.Hazelbaker :

)

J.Hazelbaker :

You may be able to access the criminal docket on the clerk's website.

J.Hazelbaker :

If you can, search using your full name and find your case. The charge will be listed.

J.Hazelbaker :

If not, contact the clerk by phone and ask him/her to look it up.

J.Hazelbaker :

Otherwise, you will either have to go to the clerk's office in person and look at your file or pay for a criminal background check to be completed.

J.Hazelbaker :

However, the website/phone call should do the trick.

J.Hazelbaker :

Please let me know what follow-up questions you have. If my above responses have been helpful, please click Accept so that I get credit for the time/effort. You may always restart the thread and ask follow-up questions at any time by clicking the “Reply” button at the bottom of the question/answer thread. You can access this thread later in your profile under the “My Questions” tab.