Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Criminal Lawyer
Experience:  9 years legal experience, primarily in criminal justice

1. For probable cause purposes,

1. For probable cause purposes, information provided by identified, ordinary citizen eyewitnesses, or other police officers:
A. is usually presumed reliable.
B. must satisfy only the Aguilar reliability of informant prong.
C. must satisfy only the Aguilar reliability of the information prong.
D. must satisfy both Aguilar prongs.

2. An officer receives an anonymous tip that controlled substances are being transferred in a particular vehicle to a particular place. This is the only information the officer has on the matter. The best course of action would be for the officer to immediately:
A. find and stop the vehicle and ask permission to search.
B. find and stop the vehicle and search it.
C. draw up an affidavit and attempt to get a magistrate to issue a search warrant.
D. attempt to corroborate as much of the tip as possible.

3. What level of proof is required for an officer to conduct a stop and frisk?
A. A mere suspicion or hunch
B. A reasonable suspicion
C. Probable cause

4. Information from an informant which does not establish probable cause can be supplemented by:
A. evidence found after a warrant was issued.
B. the officer’s promise that it is true.
C. corroboration.
D. a strong feeling or hunch.

5.Most courts have held that when an ordinary citizen who is a victim or eyewitness provides information:
A. officers can assume the citizen is a reliable informant.
B. the reliability of the citizen must be established.
C. the reliability of the citizen is tested by the same rules as for confidential informants engaged in criminal activity.
D. the information must be in a sworn statement before the officer can legally rely on it.

6. Which of the following sources of information is valued most highly by courts when they review an officer’s or magistrate’s determination of probable cause?
A. An anonymous tip given to an ordinary citizen and relayed to the officer
B. A tip based on personal observation by an informant involved in criminal activity
C. Information from another police officer based on that officer’s personal observations
D. A tip given by one citizen to another citizen and then passed on to the officer

7.Which of the following is NOT currently an exception to the exclusionary rule?
A. Good faith B. Inevitable discovery
C. Independent source D. Silver platter

8.The primary procedural mechanism for invoking the exclusionary rule is a motion to:
A. quash information. B. exclude information.
C. suppress evidence. D. repress evidence.

9.Historically, the exclusionary rule:
A. originated in England. B. originated in the United States.
C. originated in France. D. originated in Germany.

10.The rule stating evidence that is obtained even as an indirect result of police misconduct is inadmissible is called:
A. the independent source doctrine. B. the inevitable discovery doctrine.
C. the “fruit of the poisonous tree” doctrine. D. the good faith doctrine.

11.If the police make an honest and reasonable error or mistake that violates the Fourth Amendment, the evidence may still be admissible under application of the __________ exception.
A. “fruit of the poisonous tree” B. good faith
C. valid warrant D. independent source

12.Assume that the police search Mr. X’s home without a warrant and in violation of the Fourth Amendment. At his home they find a key that they recognize as a key to a locker at the local bus station. They go to the bus station, find the locker, and open it, discovering a substantial amount of cocaine inside. Which of the following rules states that this evidence is not admissible?
A. Purged or dissipated taint B. Fruit of the poisonous tree
C. Inevitable discovery D. Independent source

13. Proponents of the __________ argue that it deters violations of constitutional rights by police officers.
A. exclusionary rule B. good faith exception
C. inevitable discovery exception D. silver platter doctrine

14. In order for a person to invoke the exclusionary rule, he or she must have:
A. standing. B. jurisdiction. C. venue. D. comity.

I will pay additional if satisfied. Thank you. :)
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Hammer O'Justice replied 2 years ago.
Hello.

1 A
2 D
3 B
4 C
5 A
6 C
7 D
8 C
9 A
10 C
11 B
12 B
13 A
14 A
Hammer O'Justice, Criminal Lawyer
Experience: 9 years legal experience, primarily in criminal justice
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the help. I'm very satisfied with the answers. I'm trying to pay you but the transaction has failed mulitple times with several cards. Ive called the customer services dept and hey were no help. Im working to solve this for you asap. Thank you again.
OK, thanks. I will try to shoot customer service an email as well.