Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
11068102

I received a document [ REQUEST FOR SHOW CAUSE ORDER FOR CONTEMPT (3-633)

I received a document [ REQUEST FOR SHOW CAUSE ORDER FOR CONTEMPT
(3-633) (SHOR) ]

appear in court for examination in the Aid of Enforcement of Judgment on July 21, 2010
as ordered by this Court and properly served on June 28, 2010

I don't understand what this means, beside to appear in court? Can you explain
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.
Can you tell me a little about the judgment behind this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well I'm guessing I have to be a witness

My car was stolen, I called 911, then the thief had a accident with the car. The owner of the car wants money for damages.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.
It would be unusual for you to be called in this type of hearing in this manner. However, the lawyer may be doing it this way in an attempt to avoid paying deposition fees. That's the only reason I can think of.

An examination in aid of enforcement is like a deposition in that you would be questioned under oath about something that will aid in collecting a judgment. I have never seen the owner of a car questioned this way when the car was stolen, so it may be that they are trying to collect on the other driver's uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage and need your sworn testimony to establish that the car was indeed stolen.

It is a pretty simple process, you just answer the questions you are asked.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Be very careful about looking at other internet sites that just post generic information without any inquiry into your facts because often those answers are dated, wrong, or wrong as applied to your facts. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience: Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.