JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Experience:  Handling criminal and probation matters for over 14 years.
14211116

need to know if I am still a felon after 12yrs. record of carring

Customer Question

need to know if I am still a felon after 12yrs. record of carring a weapon
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 4 years ago.
Hi and thank you for using JustAnswer!

A conviction does not automatically disappear after the passage of time. So the answer is "yes" you are still considered to be a felon.

It has been my pleasure to assist you today with your information needs. It is my goal that you are satisfied with your information needs. No expert can promise you an answer that is favorable to your circumstances. But I will do my very best to explain the legal principles that are related to the facts you’ve described so that you can better understand the “why” of things.

If you have a follow-up question, please reply and ask it.

If you are satisfied that your question has been answered, kindly select the ACCEPT button to close this thread and so that I receive credit for assisting you today.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have other questions on different matters, you can ask me at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-jb-umphrey/. Or there are also other Experts ready to assist you in a range of Legal specialties, Veterinary, Cars and others – you can reach them via the www.justanswer.com homepage.
You can go back to the courthouse that handled your case to verify its status and file any petition for an expungement.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

how long will it take to exsponge and how much

You will have to contact a local criminal defense attorney for that. There is no set price schedule. Each attorney sets their own fees. As for the length of time, that can also vary. It usually takes several months.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
do you have a list of local lawyers you would suggest using
You can search for local criminal attorneys at this site: http://www.arkansasfindalawyer.com/