Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.

After Norm thompson took out $14.95 for 3 months running I

After Norm thompson took out $14.95 for 3 months running I finally asked my bank to help. They canceled the $14.95's, added them to my account and notified VISA. I am now satisfied, except that Norm Thompson should be investigated for theft, since I did not authorize these payments to some kind of Reward VISA.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 4 years ago.
Hello Jacustomer,

Generally when you notify a bank or credit card company that someone fraudulently got into your account and billed you for unauthorized charges, their fraud division will turn those matters over to the authorities, who do investigate. On the other hand, if this was an identity theft and you are the victim of a crime, there is nothing to prevent you from reporting the offense to your local police or, if Norm is out of state, to the FBI.