Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
11068102

27 years ago i was convicted on burglary of a habitation. I

27 years ago i was convicted on burglary of a habitation. I have led a clean life and now work for a bank. I want to know if i can file for a non-disclosure since it was a state charge in Texas?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 4 years ago.
Unfortunately, Texas does not allow records to be sealed or expunged if you were convicted, only if you were found not guilty or the case was dismissed.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Be very careful about looking at other internet sites that just post generic information without any inquiry into your facts because often those answers are dated, wrong, or wrong as applied to your facts. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am not looking for it to be expunged. Is there any alternatives to what i can do?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 4 years ago.
Unfortunately not, not if the conviction occurred in Texas. There is absolutely no mechanism to hide, seal or erase a conviction in Texas.