LawTalk, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years legal experience

My friend stole his mom gold and I sell for him by using my

My friend stole his mom gold and I sell for him by using my id what happen tour me if his mom found ?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 years ago.
Good evening,

I'm sorry to hear of your dilemma.

If the gold stolen, and sold by, was worth more than $250.00, and you conspired with him to get and sell the gold, then you could be charged with felony Larceny under MA laws.

In MA, if you are convicted of felony larceny, sentencing does vary,and while the maximum sentence for larceny is five years in prison, (the maximum sentence for district courts is two and a half), if you are a first time offender is possible that you will receive a fine and probation.

If you only received the property and did not conspire to steal it, while you could still be sent to jail if convicted---that would be unlikely if this is a first offense and would be charged as a misdemeanor and NOT a felony.

I wish you the best in 2012.

Because I help people here, like you, for a living---this is not a hobby for me, and I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX abiding by the honor system as regards XXXXX XXXXX I wish you and your family the best in your respective futures.

Would you be so kind as to Accept my Answer so that I may be compensated for assisting you? Bonuses for greatly informative and helpful answers are very much appreciated. Thanks Again,