Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

I hope I get an answer in ,.,, well quickly, The police have

Customer Question

I hope I get an answer in ,.,, well quickly, The police have been here, it's going to get physical again.
I'm renting a room from two young brothers here in Torrance. I've been here for four months. I've always paid the rent on the 29th, even if there's 31-days in the month. Last Thursday one of the young brother told me I have some mail,, The postman brought it to the door, it was two weeks worth.. I told them,, "We can't do this, this really causes complications". The older brother started yelling & screaming, that I was just trying to come up with an excuse so I don't have to pay the rent.. Well, when I don't get my mail for two weeks and unemployment is looking for me, I'm a bit short on money. It was a rough weekend.. I was told by the police I should file a restraining order, which I did, it has not been served yet. Yesterday, they came in & said I have to leave and they would be glad to put my stuff outside. I did step out of the way & said,, go ahead, do it. It did get physical, the police came and settled things down,, They pulled me a side and told me if I am not on the master lease agreement they hold, I am considered a guest and must leave.... I owned rental property.... I need some help. oh and I do have a job now, still in the negotiating stages. This is not a good time to be in the middle of these difficulties. I'm pretty upset, much more than people think. If this opportunity gets messed up.. I will be more than just mad, reason for restraining order, If .. sorry,,, can they just ask me to leave????? I need some real advise... Blood will be shed
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 4 years ago.

Samuel-II : Hi
Samuel-II : This is unfortunate for you.
Samuel-II : If you are not on the lease, then you can be considered a trespasser.
Samuel-II : You would have to be a tenant on the lease for there to be more than just a situation of trespasser.
Samuel-II : How did you get to live there? Whose name is on the lease?
JACUSTOMER-kamtwu6a- :

I have an agreement with them I am paying rent to them

Samuel-II : So you are subletting from them? Or they own the property and there is a verbal agreement and no lease
Samuel-II : for you to rent?