JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Experience:  Handling criminal and probation matters for over 14 years.
14211116

i am not charged with a crime and have already cooperated with

Customer Question

i am not charged with a crime and have already cooperated with the detectives and said what i had to say why can they contact me every morning to come down and talk to them even after i've said what i have to say
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 4 years ago.
Hi and thank you for using JustAnswer!

I am sorry to learn of your experience. There is no law which prohibits them from continuing to contact you.

If you want them to stop, hire a local criminal defense attorney to represent you and have that attorney contact the police and inform them that they are to stop all contacts with you and they are to direct any future questions to him/her.

Once you invoke your right to counsel, they have to stop questioning.

It has been my pleasure to assist you today with your information needs. It is my goal that you are satisfied with your information needs. No expert can promise you an answer that is favorable to your circumstances. But I will do my very best to explain the legal principles that are related to the facts you’ve described so that you can better understand the “why” of things.

If you have a follow-up question, please reply and ask it.

If you are satisfied that your question has been answered, kindly select the ACCEPT button to close this thread and so that I receive credit for assisting you today.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have other questions on different matters, you can ask me at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-jb-umphrey/. Or there are also other Experts ready to assist you in a range of Legal specialties, Veterinary, Cars and others – you can reach them via the www.justanswer.com homepage.