Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.

Am currently under a CT Restraining Order that should expire

Am currently under a CT Restraining Order that should expire 3-13-12 ... Was arrested for 2nd degree harrassment and violating ex-parte restraining order issued 8-9-11 .. alleged violation 8-22-11 yet was not served till 8-26-11 when a 2nd restraining order was issued. Police Officer ran a "COLLECT", determined ex-parte was in effect and requested a warrant be issued. Warrant for the arrest contains numerous pieces of fabrication ... including officers statement of 8-9-11 that I would be arrested if I contacted the person ... no ...he's not being truthful ... he stated I would be arrested if docmentation I provided about my former fiance - an offer of prostitution (she's worth 1k) was fabricated. It wasn't. My former fiance is a well known / famous daughter of a prominant family in that town. I wish to respond to the officers fabrications ... including in my response the CT Atty Generals office, chief of police in that town and the Hartford Courant and Farmington Patch. I feel I need media involvment to prevent reprisal by the officer and to ensure the truth is told. Can I go to the media about this story while under a restraining order?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.

Samuel-II : Hi
Samuel-II : I am sorry to hear of this situation.
Samuel-II : If the Restraining Order says specifically "no third party contact" then if you go to the press and they go to her, that could be a violation.
Samuel-II : If, however, there is nothing specific of that nature, then you can go to the press/media about it.
Samuel-II : You just want to be sure that you are not considered harassing her by having media contact, which would be "third party contact"
Samuel-II : And, if that is the case, then I suggest you wait until the RO is expired on 3/13/12
Customer:

Can I include the media in my complaint to the PD, the court, and CT State AG office about the officers frabrications on an arrest warrant? He specifically stated arrest once .. and that was in regards XXXXX XXXXX documentation I brought to him. I have no criminal record, didn't violate the restraining order, and am NOT going down because of this cop. Again, its a small town PD with a prominant 25 year old woman (she's an opera singer) who's father is the former interim CFO of the State University of NY Medical Center in Brooklyn NY. He's also on the Board of Directors of 7 different Fortune 500's .... His daughter went prostitute on me ... I want the truth

Samuel-II : Hi
Samuel-II : Yes, you can do that.
Samuel-II : You can provide the media with a copy of your complaint.
Customer:

OK ... So I write a complaint against the cop, CC in the court, the judge, the AG of the State of CT and the media for protection. Am I going to be taken seriously (as in I'm telling the truth) or thought of as a "stalker". Of note ... I do have the womans offer of prostitution to support my truth. Also .. can I CC in her 3 Atty's as well?

Samuel-II : I suggest you not cc her or her attorney on anything as that could be construed as 3rd party contact
Samuel-II : You don't want to blow it this close to the RO expiration date
Samuel-II : I cannot tell you how the media will react or if they will take you seriously. I hope so, however.
Customer:

After the restraining order goes away can her atty's be cc'd? And why a restraining order? I wrote the mother telling her that I loved her daughter, put her through grad school, was trying to get her into AA and therapy for the fact that she was sexually abused by a family member at the age of 10 .... Yup, I'm a real dangerous man

Customer:

Also ... given that the father is on 7 different fortune 500 boards .. and I have his daughters offer of prositution ... just as an aside ... do you really think the NY Post won't eat the father alive ??

Samuel-II : Hi
Samuel-II : It seems a shame the RO was issued against you.
Samuel-II : Of course, I know you are being rhetorical when asking why the restraining order as I am not privy to that information, as much as you are.
Samuel-II : I do know that RO's are often times handed out like candy
Samuel-II : so a Judge is not on the hook if something terrible happens.
Samuel-II : It is a CYA type of mentality.
Samuel-II : Once the RO is expired, you may CC her attorney, yes.
Samuel-II : However, do not be surprised if she feels threatened and files again
Samuel-II : Or that it would again be issued against you.
Customer:

You and I both know that R/O's are given out like candy

Customer:

You and I know its her only defence against the truth .... Will be writing

Samuel-II : If you have further questions, you may post them here and I will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a JA Subscription, Please ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I get credit for my time and information. Thank you
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience: Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
Hi

Good luck.

If you have further questions, you may post them here and I will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a JA Subscription, Please ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I get credit for my time and information. Thank you