criminal-expert
criminal-expert, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  I am a Board Certified Criminal Trial Lawyer
65846226

I was sentenced to 6 months due to a violation of probation

Customer Question

I was sentenced to 6 months due to a violation of probation and under the same docket # XXXXX had asked for presentence credit of 68 days. When I plead guilty the judge allowed this credit. I was released 18 days under my 6 month sentence. During my incarceration I had requested a mitimus and saw the 68 day credit was not applied. I filed a motion and was told it got lost on the judges desk somehow. I filed this motion allowing sufficient time for the process to be completed and approved so I could be released 68 days early. My probation period is over in 4 months and I would like to be released from my probation early. I am due 50 days I was held over my sentence. Do I wait and file suit for the 50 days when I complete probation or do I just file a discharge motion now ?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  criminal-expert replied 4 years ago.

criminal-expert :

How are you? I will be happy to assist you with your question.

JACUSTOMER-zf3y0h4x- :

Great, Thank You

criminal-expert :

My apologies. I just realized that you are asking a question about Connecticut Law. I am licensed to practice in Florida and any advice that I would give you would be specifically related to Florida. It may be similar, but just wanted to let you know.

JACUSTOMER-zf3y0h4x- :

That won't help me sorry