Michael J, Esq.
Michael J, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney experienced in criminal matters, having represented hundreds of clients with every misdemeanor and felony imaginable.
18210975

I forged the signature of the notary on a legal loan document

I forged the signature of the notary on a legal loan document in the amount of 92800 the loan made to me. What penalties or lows did I break
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Michael J, Esq. replied 4 years ago.

Michael J, Esq. :

Hello - Thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to helping you with your criminal problem today.

Michael J, Esq. :

Are you being charged?

Michael J, Esq. :

Are you there?

Customer:

i believe so. I asked for a home equity loan at the bank that I was working at. Since the only notary at the branch i used to work at is very nosy i was stupid enough to use her notary stamp and hand write her name.Today they froze all my accounts for restitution but I was told they would be contacting the local authorities. What options if any do i have

Michael J, Esq. :

The steps you are to take are to not speak to anyone about this, even if the bank or the authorities call. You have the absolute right not to assist in your own prosecution.

Michael J, Esq. :

If you are charged, I would immediately, speak to local criminal defense counsel, and again, not speak to anyone else regarding the incident.

Michael J, Esq. :

Are you there?

Michael J, Esq. :

You may be guilty of the felony of forgery. You can review the statute here.

Michael J, Esq. :

Is there anything else I can help you with? If not, don't forget to press ACCEPT if I was helpful, experts here don't get credit for their Answers until you do, so it's important. :) Thanks!

Michael J, Esq. :

Michael

Customer:

/

Michael J, Esq. :

Are you having problems?