LawTalk, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years legal experience

does having a fake licence tag warrent felony charge with an

does having a fake licence tag warrent felony charge with an arrest and jail time?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 years ago.
Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear of your dilemma.

A fake license tag may be prosecuted as forgery, and is in fact a felony in the state of Missouri. It is generally prosecuted as a Class C felony, which may be punished by up to 7 years in prison and a fine of $5,000.

Obviously a first offense with a clean record will be treated less severely---but the person so charged will definitely want to be represented by an experienced criminal defense attorney.

I wish you the best in 2012.

Because I help people here, like you, for a living---this is not a hobby for me, and I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX abiding by the honor system as regards XXXXX XXXXX I wish you and your family the best in your respective futures.

Would you be so kind as to Accept my Answer so that I may be compensated for assisting you? Bonuses for greatly informative and helpful answers are very much appreciated. Thanks Again,