LawTalk, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years legal experience

in the state of new mexico is it against the law to impersent

in the state of new mexico is it against the law to impersent someone on facebook, if the individual lives in flordia? found some pictures of a friend dressed up like a woman. made a face book and added some of his friends to it. to be honset it was only up a couple of hours at the most 3 hours. about 13 of his friends saw the pictures. he also saw the pictures. the face book account has been deleted and the pictures removed along with everyone that was added. so i'm i in trouble......
Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear of your dilemma.

Technically, yes, you violated the law. Under many state laws, impersonation on the internet has been made a misdemeanor. However, it is HIGHLY UNLIKELY that you are in any trouble with the law.

The bigger violation was your unauthorized use of photos that you did not own the rights to. And, that is why Facebook was so quick to shut the page down. The friends likely contacted Facebook, alleged that your page contained photos that he owned the rights to and asked them to remove the photos. Facebook simply closed the entire page---and that is almost certainly where the story will end. Facebook does not act as the police or report every incident of possible unlawful actions by users of the site.

You should be fine---but I wouldn't go around telling people that you did this.

I wish you the best in 2012.

Because I help people here, like you, for a living---this is not a hobby for me, and I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX abiding by the honor system as regards XXXXX XXXXX I wish you and your family the best in your respective futures.

Would you be so kind as to Accept my Answer so that I may be compensated for assisting you? Bonuses for greatly informative and helpful answers are very much appreciated. Thanks Again,