Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.

what is the law on threatening and intimidating,threatning

what is the law on threatening and intimidating,threatning bodily harm/death.TO A MENTALLY DISABLED PERSON.I NEED THE STATUE NUMBER AND VERBAL LAW,POSSSIBLE SENTENCES,THANKS,MIKE
Hello Jacustomer,

The statute that comes closes to what you describe here in Mississipi is Stalking. It is a misdemeanor with a maximum penalty of one year. (three if he's been convicted of it before). This covers death threats. While there are two other statutes for Threats and Intimidation I don't think they will apply to these circumstances. Still you can see them here. And here's the other one. The penalties for the crimes are found in the statutes.