How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nate Your Own Question
Nate, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 10685
Experience:  Over 10 years of criminal defense practice.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Nate is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a former militarypoliceman,policeofficer,and newyorkstatecorrectionofficer.back

Resolved Question:

I am a former militarypoliceman,policeofficer,and newyorkstatecorrectionofficer.back in 2007 while suffering from serve injurys and bad drinking problem I was charge with child porn send to jail and now on federal probation I was told by my po facebook would not allow me to join.and also today I install a monitoring software in my pc to make sure I am doing the right thing which is ok by me and i am sober now it true face book has a rule no sexoffenders. allow on site and can probation legalie tell me to stay off of any sites In new york I am condser a leval 1 and my information is not posted anywhere thank you for your time.

[email protected]
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Nate replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your question. Be sure to go ahead and bookmark for future questions.

Facebook does have that rule. How well they enforce it is another question altogether. Probation can certainly govern what websites you can go on. They have great latitude in setting the supervision rules. If you want to change those requirements you would have to file a motion to modify your probation and get back before the judge to make the final decision.

If you require more information, I will be happy to follow up with you. In the meantime, please remember to click Accept so that I get credit for my time assisting you. If my answer has been especially helpful, please also consider a suitable BONUS.

And remember, I want you satisfied, so if I can help you further, please ask so that you can provide Positive Feedback once we've addressed your legal question to your satisfaction.

Nate and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you