Law Pro, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  20 years trial experience in defense of criminal cases
11688690

In Indiana, what is the law regarding grocery stores using

In Indiana, what is the law regarding grocery stores using excessive force to stop a shoplifter?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Pro replied 4 years ago.
It's a matter of reasonableness under the totality of the circumstances as to what is excessive.

If excessive then the victim would have at the very least a civil action against the tortfeasors and store for their employees actions.

To present a case for excessive force thought the alleged victim would need the testimony of an expert who would say that they used unreasonable and unnecessary force under the totality of the circumstances.

Please ask for "Law Pro" if you have any further future questions!

Just Answer is a "PAY FOR SERVICE" Website. Please press the GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON so I will receive credit for assisting you (even if you placed a deposit or have a subscription program). You may continue to ask follow-up questions after accepting. If the information is helpful, I would very much appreciate positive feedback. Bonuses are also appreciated. If you do have a follow-up question, press REPLY, NOT relist, or else I won’t receive the question.